Thread: How old are my babies? (pics added)

Default How old are my babies? (pics added)

Pics of the babies are at the bottom (before their feeding, so they're a little more wrinkly than usual)... how old do you guys think they are?

They're crawling/climbing everywhere and they're starting to get up onto all four legs and crawl around... they went from taking 1-2cc's the first day (friday) to now taking 2.5 to 4 cc's today (Tuesday).

All but one baby have their ear flaps out instead of folded back, and their tail hair is growing very quickly now. They all have their bottom teeth.

When I take them out, I clean their bottoms, feed them about 3cc's, clean them again (clean poop etc.), then I feed them another cc if they want it and put them back in their cage... I hope I'm doing it okay. I swear it looks like some of their eyes are starting to slightly come unglued... I have a feeling they'll have them open within the next week or so.

I'm still feeding them every 3 hours, sometimes slightly earlier. They seem like they are really hungry/rooting around at that point though... should I be pushing more food on them? I think they'd all accept more food, except the little guy who is a bit behind the others (ears at still closed, still takes barely 2.5cc's per feeding, sometimes less).

The Fox Valley website has a bunch of different types of formulas... which one should I be buying? Also, do they ship to Canada?

Thanks in advance y'all!

Default Re: How old are my babies? (pics added)

They are super cute I want a black squirrel!! I would guess 4 weeks but the experts will be here soon. See if you can get a weight on them the amount you feed depends on that they will want to know how many grams. I have been using the 31/40 fox valley all the way through weening just adding a little Yo Baby full fat yogurt to it.
    Pixel Jones "Released" Best squirrel I ever had.

yes...I think you meant 32/40 and it is WONDERFUL! I agree I would say they are about 4 weeks old! They are precious! Black squirrels are always sooooo cute!

Hey Pat be careful what you wish for, how many do you have now ??
    I'd say 4 weeks also

Simon's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzpwo0r35l0

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
    ― Anatole France

From what I've read about aging them, if they are four weeks, their eyes should open within a week.

These baby's are beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures when they get a little older.

As Pat said earlier....base how much you feed off of their weight. The ratio is 5-7% of their body weight per feeding. ( 100 gm baby would be fed 5-7 ccs per feeding)
    I also agree with the others....they look about 4 weeks...and the eyes should be opening within a week or two.
    Black Babies
    It looks like you are doing a great job....they look very healthy and sleek.
    They are just gorgeous!!!
    Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures.

His Holiness The Dalai Lama

The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men.

Émile Zola

I think it's so funny that you guys are digging the black babies... all the other little guys on this site are sooo exotic looking to me because all we have are black squirrels and the occasional grey up here! LOL! I still love them regardless of colour.

Quote Originally Posted by skarabrae
    I think it's so funny that you guys are digging the black babies... all the other little guys on this site are sooo exotic looking to me because all we have are black squirrels and the occasional grey up here! LOL! I still love them regardless of colour.

nice another fellow ontarian, im gonna be the combo breaker and say around the 3 week mark, they look like my two at around late 2 weeks early 3 weeks, just starting to get the slick coat of black,

apparently through my research we export our black squirrels cause very few places actually naturally have them, and most hear see them as plain and boring lol