Thread: Anyone near Ottawa, Ontario?

Hybrid View

Default Anyone near Ottawa, Ontario?

The Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary is closed down for the year (bawl) and I have 4 baby squirrels (3 or 4 weeks old?) that I've been taking care of for a few days.

They're doing fairly well and I think I'm doing a competent job, but I have three young kids of my own (ages 7,5&3), a home-based daycare, a puppy (12 month old GSD/Rottweiler), a kitten (7 months, DSH) and an adolescent Abyssinian cat (ever had one of those? yeah, it's fun. Heavy sarcasm on the "fun")... so the house is already plenty crazy.

I will take care of these guys as long as I need to. I'm already fairly attached to them... they're pretty awesome.

BUT I would be eternally grateful if anyone knows anyone (who has experience) who would be willing to take them. I'd drive almost anywhere withing a reasonable distance. Kingston, Renfrew, Ottawa, Aylmer/Gatineau, Buckingham, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Runestonez Guest

Default Re: Anyone near Ottawa, Ontario?

Try this number...rehabber in Kingston...name is DEE.

(number removed)
    Last edited by Squirlgirl; 04-16-2012 at 11:23 AM.

I'm scared to call people who might tattle on me to MNR (ministry of natural resources) for raising them without a license... is Dee likely to do that?

Thanks for the help!

PS. My heart is breaking thinking about giving them away... but whatever's best for them!

Runestonez Guest

Dee is good people...tell her Danielle refered you.

Hello. I just found a 3 week old east grey squirrel while I was jogging two days ago; a crow was carrying by the tail but luckily, Twitchy made it without any injuries or scratches. Can the woman in Kingston possibly take another squirrel? I live in Montreal but I'm willing to drive to make sure that he gets a good home with other squirrels to play with. Thank you.

How old is he? The lady from Kingston only takes squirrels until they're eyes are open... the lady I spoke with (Dee, from the recommendation above) actually lives in Trenton so it's quite far... three hours, at least, from where I live (in Carleton Place).

If he's the same age as mine (5 weeks or so), I can throw him in with my gang.

There's another lady in Gatineau, but she's full at the moment.

There are also a few ladies on here from the Montreal area, but I'm pretty sure one is way more than maxed out. I'll pm a couple people for you and hopefully they can get back to you.

If you have any other questions, I'm a newbie but I'm kind of obsessed right now and I like to think I've acquired enough knowledge to help you out. I'm always near my computer if you want to PM me I'll message you back very quickly.
    Squirrelmum to Mr. Fred, Mr. Barney, Wilma & Betty, Shorty & Chiquita...
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=33781