Thread: how to know which rehab place is good???

free Guest

Default how to know which rehab place is good???

I live in Chicago IL and was wondering what "reliable" wildlife rehab places there are here?? I love ALL animals. I feed our wild squirrels every day. About two weeks my friends hubby was coming homw from work and saw a mama squirrel get hit by a car. Well he got out and went to check on the sqiurrel and she was dead, but she had a little baby clinging to her belly. The baby was not harmed. Well my friends hubby brought the squirrel home with him. My friend found a rehab place to take the baby squirrel too. She was reserved about it though because you hear so many bad things about rehab places ( i.e., if they do not have enough funding they will just put animals down depneding on the condition). I was just wondering if anyone knows of a "good and reliable" rehab place here in Chicago IL or any suburb around here for future reference????

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Default Re: how to know which rehab place is good???

Quote Originally Posted by free
    I live in Chicago IL and was wondering what "reliable" wildlife rehab places there are here?? I love ALL animals. I feed our wild squirrels every day. About two weeks my friends hubby was coming homw from work and saw a mama squirrel get hit by a car. Well he got out and went to check on the sqiurrel and she was dead, but she had a little baby clinging to her belly. The baby was not harmed. Well my friends hubby brought the squirrel home with him. My friend found a rehab place to take the baby squirrel too. She was reserved about it though because you hear so many bad things about rehab places ( i.e., if they do not have enough funding they will just put animals down depneding on the condition). I was just wondering if anyone knows of a "good and reliable" rehab place here in Chicago IL or any suburb around here for future reference????
    Not far from Chicago is Nancy a member here...
    let me find her email addy..
    she is a wonderful rehabber
    if anyone knows 2ndhand's info, please post..

edit{ here ya go!
    Nancy
    Illinois Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator
    take a peek at my website for fun happenings and cute critters!

http://www.2ndhandranch.com/index.html

free Guest

Thanks for that info... I looked at the blog. There is no address or phone number where to call though if you have an animal you need to bring to the rehab place. They just have a place you send a message to.

It says she is located in Princeton IL I believe. That is pretty far from where I am at. I will have to look it up and see though.

Thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie in Tampa
    Not far from Chicago is Nancy a member here...
    let me find her email addy..
    she is a wonderful rehabber
    if anyone knows 2ndhand's info, please post..

edit{ here ya go!
    Nancy
    Illinois Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator
    take a peek at my website for fun happenings and cute critters!

http://www.2ndhandranch.com/index.html

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

nancycarolwilliams@gmail.com

Here is her email addy...
    or send her a Private Message..

mpetys Guest

If 2nd Hand RancH is too far, try this site to find a licensed rehabber closer to you:

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/law3/pdfs/rehab_permit.pdf

It is list of Illinois rehabbers listed by county.

Perhaps if 2nd Hand Ranch is too far, she would be willing to help recommend someone closer to you.

Members who have read this thread: 1