Thread: Help...Infant Skunks Need a Rehabber

Default Help...Infant Skunks Need a Rehabber

My grandaughter (in Dry Ridge, Kentucky) just rescued 3 (2 have injuries) infant skunks from a dog. I am over 7 hours away and cannot get to them. Does anyone know someone in that area that could take them?

Default Re: Help...Infant Skunks Need a Rehabber

B.U.M.P.
    Is there any one out there that is able to help?

These are from the NWRA database -- maybe someone can help?

Boaz, KY Peggy Houser (270) 554-5395 Permits: State (1999)
    Comments: I am a Registered Nurse who has been a wildlife rehabilitaor for the past 4 years. I care of all types of mammals. I have my wildlife licience and meet all state requirements.

Falmouth, Ky Linda Bergman 8596543755 Permits: rehabilitators permit R0911052 Species: mammals Comments: Please list species rehabbed

Greenville, KY Kathi Hill (270) 338-6822 Permits: State (1993) Species: small_mammals Comments: Squirrels--eastern gray and fox Opossums Rabbits

Hustonville, KY Loren Estes, Bluegrass Wildlife Rescue 859-312-1887 Permits: 2006 Kentucky Permit Species: Mammals Comments: Providing care, rehabilitation and release of native species into protected areas. Lincoln, Casey, Fayette, Garrad Jessamine, Mercer and surrounding counties. Transport may be available. License and Experience of 12+ years.

Louisville, KY Mary Jo Schneider 502 266-5476 Permits: State (1994)
    Comments: I rehab squirrels opossums rabbits woodchucks chipmunks and songbirds. I also volunteer in the native wildlife program at the Louisville Zoo.

Louisville, KY Raptor Rehabilitation of Kentucky (502) 491-1939

Comments: Kentuckys largest raptor center. Specialize in educational programs surrogate parent program for raptors. Founder/Director Eileen Wicker co-founder/board of KWRA IWRC and IWRC Area Rep. licensed Bander

Murray, KY Gena Richard 270-492-8859 Permits: Kentucky State Licensed4 years; #130-2001 Species: mammals, RVS Comments: Former nurse accepting all mammals including RVS. Specialize in critical care/trauma cases with excellent success rate. Available 24/7.

Nicholasville, KY Mary L. Kindred 859-887-2256 Permits: USDA/state/educational permits for indigenous wildlife
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

www.stripedbandits.com

a forum with good peeps and maybe some help.