I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this topic, but I need some questions answered.

Wart is about 12 weeks old. We need to start working on releasing him. Based on some very sound advise, I think it would be better to get him to a rehabber who can accomodate his needs and prepare him for the wild and interaction with other squirrels better than I (we live in an apt. complex).

This being said, how do we deal with the following:

1. He is pretty attached to me. He runs over my fiance too, but I'm his tree/napping spot/feeder, etc. How do you deal with just handing him over to a stranger?

2. He still drinks formula. No signs of not wanting it..piggy...is he still to young to let go?

3. He has no concept of instincts. Everything is provided to him. I do secretly belive that those will kick in as needed, but I wonder.

4. And finally, about 300 more little tiny questions that pop into my mind.

I want to do what is best for him. I promised him trees and open sky, but I don't want to worry that he'll be dead within 24 hours of handing him over to someone else. Also, dealing with the guilt that I am just "handing him over". He won't understand that...in order for him to have what is best...he has to leave us.