Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby squirrel with broken leg

momma2boo Guest

Default Re: Baby squirrel with broken leg

It's hard to tell by the picture but I had a baby with a broken leg. He broke the upper part (thigh bone) of his leg. There was nothing they could do for that other than charge me for the xray and tell me to keep him as calm and still as possible until it heals. They heal amazingly fast.

I gave my squirrel Boiron, Symphytum Officinale- 30 C. It was recommended by another member here on TSB to help quicken the healing process for the bone.

There are no guarantees that they won't euthanize him but I do think he needs some help with this.

Does anybody know, do we have any other members in the Gainesville area?
    Love and Hugs,
    Meredith

momma2boo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by grinn75
    There are no guarantees that they won't euthanize him but I do think he needs some help with this.

Does anybody know, do we have any other members in the Gainesville area?
    Isn't Scoobysnack in the Gainsville area?

Quote Originally Posted by philomycus
    I'll take him and we'll figure it out. Somebody who knows me and has my number, call me. Thx.

West End Animal Hospital wiil Tx him - they are safe
    What a wonderful offer!!!! Thank you so very much. This is one lucky little squirrel....

momma2boo Guest

Fallensmommy suggested using it and no one questioned it so, I used it. I read up on it first to be sure of what it does. However, I only used it after being sent home from the wildlife vet's office with nothing they could do because of where the break was. The squirrel needed to heal and fast ... and from everything I had read it supported bone mending. If there is new information out there on it please educate those of us who are not in the know. I know I would personally appreciate any help when it comes to the squirrels. I never want to give them anything that would hurt them.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

I am here..I will speak for Philomycus...I know her...
    she can deal with this if anyone can...
    alana, do you still need someone to call you?
    Please let her take the sq...
    if not her, please get the sq to the vet.TY!

I would go to West End or to the University Of Florida. West End has treated my rats. Wonderful people there. They won't euthanize unless necessary.

Sorry for the slow response. My power was out and I just got it back.

misti0629 Guest

Thanks every 1 I am going to take him to a lady tommorrow who lives right down the road from me who has had a lot of experience with taking in and caring for all different types of wildlife. Hopefully she will be able to help or suggest a vet. If not I will take him right to West side animal hospital. Is there anything I can do to keep him more comfy or any type of medicine he could take for pain? He is still managing to move pretty fast but I do not want him to overstrain himself.

West END Animal Hospital. Not West Side. There is a Westside but that's NOT where you want to go. I've dealt with West End.. I had a wild rat and they are NOT big on euthanizing for no reason. They DO treat wild rodents as well as domestic. They have at least two vets in that practice that specialize. They even use Fox Valley formula.

They are on Newberry Road west of I-75.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

i will take him if we can get him to me...
    choo choo

if after dark, i can drive north...ocala maybe

misti0629 Guest

Update on MO MO the baby squirrel* He is doing a lot better this morning he is putting weight on his leg and able to hold it right. It sort of looks like he is hopping around when he walks. I talked to a lady this morning who seems to think that he may have just strained his leg or hurt muscles or ligaments in it since he is now able to do all of this. I am still taking him to the lady down the road this afternoon to look at him and see what she thinks and to get her to refer me to a vet that will see him. I think this is a good sign though that he is starting to do this? Hopefully

You've gotten some great advice here. Hopefully, this little one will be okay. Please know that West End is available if you need them. They are caring and compassionate folks there.
    Love and Hugs,
    Meredith

We urge you to take him to Philomycus at the West END animal hospital as noted above. Philomycus is a long time TSBer. She is one of us and will not hurt your squirrel.
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda

Tickle's Mom Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JLM27
    We urge you to take him to Philomycus at the West END animal hospital as noted above. Philomycus is a long time TSBer. She is one of us and will not hurt your squirrel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.