Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-5 week old squirrel feeding help!

fishingsetx Guest

Default Re: 4-5 week old squirrel feeding help!

My handle = fishingsetx

Then the @

Then. Aol.com

Posting it normally will get you a ton of junk mail!

Quote Originally Posted by fishingsetx
    Still waiting final approval so I can't access the settings. She was found wednesday evening and I looked her over and over. VERY thoroughly for any breaks in the skin and found none.

If you still think she needs AB's, ill gladly get them, but its been 5 days and she seems to be doing well.

I live in beaumont by the way (just down the road).
    Hi fishingsetx
    Can you post some Pictures so we can tell you the right age? Did you have the Baby while the eyes were closed? When did they open?
    Do you have a Gram scale? ????? I Know a lot of Questions. Just need them to help. I am calling MuffinSquirrel Now.
    Muffin Squirrel is just a few minutes away from you. I will contact her. She will have the FV and has access to a Vet and Antibiotic.
    She will not try to take the baby from you! She wonts to help you and the baby Squirrel.
    Christal
    PS
    I have not read all the thread.
    So if I have asked Questions some won else has.
    I apologies. Hang in there.

fishingsetx Guest

Eyes were already open! No scale big/small enough for him. I've got one that measures in grains and a bathroom scale lol. I really would like to have her (I think lol) looked at by someone who knows these things so feel free to have her email me! Ill answer all the questions I can!

I just got off the Phone with Muffin Squirrel. She is going to read and then be on. Can MuffinSquirrel or I call you?
    I have a lot of trouble typing and reading. I am Dyslexic. I have sent your E-Mail address to Muffin.
    Hang tight for a few.

Hi, and welcome. I'm not far from you - I live in Buna. And I'll help any way I can. My vet will treat him, as will most any vet in Beaumont - flyers are legal in Texas. And I promise not to 'flyernap' him I have flyers coming out my ears up here! I'll be glad to bring him up here 'till he's well and stable, or work with you in B'mt.
    I've got scales, so we can get an accurate weight on him.

I'll go back and read this thread a little better - I just kinda breezed thru it when I got on.

muffinsquirrel
    Judy Call
    Last edited by muffinsquirrel; 08-29-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    The Southeast Texas Acorn Academy

Already we have hickory nuts, black walnuts, pecan nuts, peanuts, hazel nuts, oak nuts, beech nuts, chestnuts.......and now you're here!

http://www.nfsa.us/phpBB2/index.php

fishingsetx Guest

Thanks for the replys!!! I'm beginning to worry again! She still hasn't ate much. She did eat about 2 cc of the new formula and apeared to have had a little diarriea. Urinated well though! still yello and appeared darker than last time.

Here's some pics!

fishingsetx Guest

fishingsetx Guest

As you can see in the pics, its like she's weak. I know she's young, but I feel like something is just not right! Those are her normal positions. Just laying there barely able to lift her head. Now when I change her bedding, its a WHOLE different story!

fishingsetx Guest

Oh yea and I got your number. I'll give you a call tomorrow afternoon or you can call me at two six seven 1384

Sounds good to me. And sorry about the mistake thinking it was a flyer. Greys are NOT legal, so be careful if you take her to a vet. I'll have to ask around to find out who you can trust down there. My vet up here will see her without any problems.

muffinsquirrel

Already we have hickory nuts, black walnuts, pecan nuts, peanuts, hazel nuts, oak nuts, beech nuts, chestnuts.......and now you're here!

fishingsetx Guest

Another update:

Is it possible for a squirrel to know the difference between formula and pedialite?

I wanted to get some kind of hydration into the little girl before bed so I warmed some pedialight as a last resort. She drank 2.5 cc!! 30 mins ago she wouldnt touch the formula!! Should I keep feeding her the pedialight for a while (maybe dehydrated?)

muffinsquirrel,

Let me know about the vet. I'll even bring the little girl up there if needed. I'm beginning to wonder if I might ought to bring her to you. I really wanted to raise her, but I also want to do whats best for her.

What formula are you feeding? How long has she been on the Pedlight?

Yes if a Baby is dehydrated they will not eat the formula. If it is not warm enough and the baby gets chilled. That will cause her not to eat. Are you keeping her wrapped up in Fleece while feeding? Pull her skin up between the shoulders and let it go. It should spring back in to place quickly. If it stays like a tent or goes down slowly then she is dehydrated. Give her the pedlight in between the formula feedings.
    Be Careful with Pedlight. You can only feed it for 24 hr.
    Then use just plain water or Molasses mixed with water. How often are you feeding? I would give the fluid every 1 to 2 hr if she is Dehydrated.
    Is she peeing and the Pooh will be a yellow is color. That is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingsetx
    I'll even bring the little girl up there if needed. I'm beginning to wonder if I might ought to bring her to you. I really wanted to raise her, but I also want to do whats best for her.
    I'll be delighted to have her up here - I have 2 other grey girls about her age right now. I know yours would love to have other squirrels to snuggle and play with - raising a single can be difficult sometimes. They learn so much from each other.

But we will handle this however you wish. My vet is not in the office today, but will be tomorrow.

I'll talk to you later,

muffinsquirrel

RIP
    Little Baby Squirrel!

I am sorry to announce this little Baby died early this morning.
    Chriss I am So Very Sorry for your Loss!
    Thank You for caring so much, for Try Saving this Little Babies Life. You gave her 5 day of being Safe, Warm, Feed, and Loved.
    You are a Angel for trying. Keep checking back with us from time to time. Learn what you need.
    I know If one Baby Squirrel found you their will be more to follow.
    I know the Pain you are feeling right now. I am So Sorry.
    Christal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 2