Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and am currently raising my first grey squirrel. He's about 3.5 weeks now and I've had him since 2 weeks. He's eating FV formula and I just started adding in a little heavy cream yesterday- so far he's doing great and gaining weight, no diarrhea either. I just bought probiotic capsules that I'm going to add to his formula as well. I know he's nowhere near ready to be weaned but I want to be prepared when the time comes! I'm wondering what I should be feeding him, and at what age I should introduce solid foods. I was looking into rodent blocks and it looks like a lot of rehabbers have success with Henry's Healthy Pet blocks supplemented with fruits and veggies? What kinds of fruits/veggies are best, and should I be feeding anything else like nuts, cheerios, etc? I'm worried about MBD after reading all the emergency posts about it. I usually rehab baby bunnies, and squirrels are very different! I do have some help from a licensed rehabber but to be honest, everything I learned about the bunnies I had to learn on my own- most of what I was told by the rehabber and vet techs at work ended up being wrong.

Also, he came in alone and so far we haven't gotten in any other squirrels close to his age. Is he ok to be raised alone or should I try to coordinate with another rehabber to see if I can get a buddy for him?

Thank you so much! I'm so happy to have found a great source of info for my little guy!