Thread: Trembles Gourmet Cream soups (for picky eaters or kids with mouth injuries)

Default Trembles Gourmet Cream soups (for picky eaters or kids with mouth injuries)

Ok I will start with what I made today

Cream of Broccoli, Cauliflower and carrot.

2 hunks of Broccoli
    1 hunk of cauliflower
    a table spoon of fine grated carrot

put them all in a small pot
    fill pot to halfway covering the broccoli and Cauli

Bring to a boil.

turn down and simmer till all the veggies are easily mushed.

Cool then toss in the blender and give it a good whirl.

end product

For kids that will eat out of a bowl take 2 1/2 tablespoons of this mixture and add 1 table spoon of fox valley. Serve warm or cold.

For kids that prefer to eat out of a syringe

strain the whole bunch through a fine strainer.

Gives you a light green juice with tiny veggie chunks.

Take two tablespoons of this "juice" and add one tablespoon of FV.

Serve warm and watch them enjoy! Trembles a messy eater! but drinks 40-50 ccs a day of soup!

you can substitute ANY squirrel safe veggies. Yesterday I made Tremble Cream of Dandelion and Kale.

Makes a good treat for any kid!

But for picky eaters and kids with sore mouths or toofers its a way to slip in some of the nutrients they need from veggies.

Tremble will even drink just the broth without FV

(this is a much richer broth made from Kale and Dandelion)

Default Re: Trembles Gourmet Cream soups (for picky eaters or kids with mouth injuries)

Trembieeeee
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Tickle's Mom Guest

Default Re: Trembles Gourmet Cream soups (for picky eaters or kids with mouth injuries)

Did you sample?

It looks really good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle's Mom
    Did you sample?

It looks really good!!

Its a spin off of my own cream of Broccoli soup recipe that I won an award for in culinary school

How wonderful of you to post your recipes. I am sure that they will help many squirrels with problems. Mandi, you never seize to amaze me. Your special love and caring for all animals is extreme and your generosity for sharing your knowledge is unsurpassed.
    Of course tossing in the pictures of Tremble just takes this over the top!!!!
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

TREMBLICIOUS!!!!

LORD, how I adore that boy... Haha
    A 100% Survival Rate is Impossible, but Making Sure 100% of Our Little Babies are Loved is Guaranteed

"...I Love Not Man The Less, But Nature More." - Robert Frost

"When Life Leaves Us Blind... LOVE keeps us kind" -Linkin Park

I am in love with Trembles...... what a lucky boy to have such a creative squammy!

Wayne's teeth are always sensitive after trimmings so these recipes will come in handy for him. Where do you purchase dandalion??

Quote Originally Posted by NaturesGift
    Its a spin off of my own cream of Broccoli soup recipe that I won an award for in culinary school

Did the folks at the school like the FV??

Sounds delicious! Thanks for the idea and recipe. I'm going to try it with Grayson as he doesn't really like many vegetables!

I love the second to last picture--Tremble's smiling!

Tickle's Mom Guest

Fill him up for the big pee-a-thon!!!!

I think we all need to get together and make a cookbook for recipes for our little ones. I found myself baking little bushy biscuits the other day and boy are they a winner! Too bad they smell terrible.

Awww... Good to to see the little cutie-pie again!

You have him really spoiled (but in a good way)!

Daniel Lang:

Trembles Gourmet Cream soup looks so good.. even to humans! It made me hungry ;g

Trembles is so chubby I liked the way he looks so comfy so at ease..
    we need more tremble action! tinfoil

Thumbs up Re: Trembles Gourmet Cream soups (for picky eaters or kids with mouth injuries)

Quote Originally Posted by JakesLittlePrincess
    I think we all need to get together and make a cookbook for recipes for our little ones. I found myself baking little bushy biscuits the other day and boy are they a winner! Too bad they smell terrible.
    I think that's a great idea!

Question Re: Trembles Gourmet Cream soups (for picky eaters or kids with mouth injuries)

Have you ever tried this with Chicken or Turkey pieces for added Protein?
    .... and do you think HHB could be grind up in this?

oh wow. this seems easy enough. thank you so much for the recipe. dezzy has been loving on boo balls and avocado mostly. so ive been looking for ways to switch things up. by FV are you referring to fruits and vegetables? want to make sure im not missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabbo1 View Post
    oh wow. this seems easy enough. thank you so much for the recipe. dezzy has been loving on boo balls and avocado mostly. so ive been looking for ways to switch things up. by FV are you referring to fruits and vegetables? want to make sure im not missing something.
    Y'know, FV would be a very good shortcut for fruits and veggies, but actually it refers to Fox Valley squirrel formula
    www.foxvalleynutrition.com Day One 20/50 for Squirrels is the product.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

FV is Fox Valley formula which is available at henryspets.com and is very good nutrition. Another tip for making veggies easier for her to eat is to microwave them just a bit to soften them. Things like small pieces of sweet potato might interest her. Boo balls are terrific for her right now and you can use different cooked veggies in them to get a variety in her.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net