I've never over-wintered before and have no idea what an acceptable temperature range is for these guys. Remus and Rickey (about 12-14 wks?) are in a cage on my enclosed porch anxiously waiting for me to build them a BIG winter cage on wheels. (thank you to all for advice!)

The plan is to move their cage out to the deck for fresh air and sunshine when it is not too cold, and move them into the house when I can't keep the porch warm enough.

What I don't know is, how cold is too cold?
For now I have a really good (safe) space heater, a portable cool mist humidifier, (the space heater made it very dry out there) and a baby monitor (for me) on the porch, and haven't let it get any colder than 65 F by their cage. Oh, to clarify, that's "monitor", like the listening device, not a baby lizard. WAY too cold for that!

I don't want them to turn into cold weather wimps, because I am planning to release them in the spring and don't want them breaking into houses to keep warm! HOWEVER, I of course want to keep them hardy and healthy until then.

They have nest boxes, a hammock, LOTS of fleece I got from JoAnn fabrics at clearance + 1/2 off :wott , and I cover all but a section on the front of their cage at night with a few blankets. Are they too pampered? How warm should it be outside for them to enjoy the weather??

THANK YOU for any advice and ideas.

Linda