Thread: new here but our squirrel friend needs help so I am looking everywhere I can

Yaocihuatl Guest

Default new here but our squirrel friend needs help so I am looking everywhere I can

Hi all I am needing your expertise. We have a squirrel here who is hurt badly and needing help and I am interested in finding out which homeopathics I can use to ease her pain asap. She was hit by a car I think and her jaw is a mess for sure. Her mouth is packed with food and has been for 24 hours or more. I can't find a vet here who will set her jaw yet and am also wondering if you know of anyone who would. Most of what i have read online says that colorado division of wildlife will jsut her her euthanized for even a fracture of the jaw because she's a rodent and the teeth will eventually push her eye out of the socket etc. I am sure you're aware. I live in Denver Colorado (Southeast Denver) we have a couple of hundred bucks that we can spend getting her some help. I was thinking about giving her arnica but I need to know what dosage. I use the hylands brand for children because the tablet jsut melts immediately in the mouth. Please if you would help it would be greatly appreciated. She's resting now but when I offer her water and apple sauce she eats it. She's getting weaker......

lilidukes Guest

Default Re: new here but our squirrel friend needs help so I am looking everywhere I can

I just wanted to get you back to the top. I know you can use children's pain meds but don't know the dosage.

Any Colorado members around???

I would try to clear any food out of this poor babies mouth. Keep the fluids coming and any nourishment you can. Applesauce is good. Hang in there.

Default Re: new here but our squirrel friend needs help so I am looking everywhere I can

Bach's Rescue Remedy is great for stress and shock. First administer directly to lips/gums/tongue if possible - that is fastest - and then after that you can apply it to areas bare of skin and it will be absorbed transdermally. Ears, bottoms of feet are good.

Rehydration fluid would be a good idea. Pedialyte, available at any drug or grocery store, or a home meade verstio: 1 teaspoon salt, 2 Tablespoons sugar, 1 quart water. Refrigerate; administer by syringe if possible - try warming it.

Put him in a small container on old t-shorts or fleece half on and half off of a constant on heating pad set on low.

mugzeezma Guest

Arnica is supposedly good for head trauma but this is more complex
    here is a website
    These are THE squirrel people...in Evergreen, Co.
    This animal is more than likely in critical condition. A broken jaw requires medical attention.

mugzeezma Guest

mugzeezma Guest

oops didn't paste the info for the previous post

Homeopathic

http://www.ewildagain.org/Homeopathy/homeopathy.htm

I would absolutely contact ewildagain -- they are the best and you're in Colorado!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.