Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WORMS!!!!!!!

momma2boo Guest

Default Re: WORMS!!!!!!!

How is Toby doing?

He's doing great - spoiled rotten He's still on the FV - he lives for it and he's also eating walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pecans, avacado and his favorite - grapes. His sores are healing up good and he's still on meds.

He is really funny too. When I come into the room where I am keeping him, he dives into his hammock and then sticks his head out like in the picture I posted for me to rub his head. I can't believe he's a wild squirrel. He sure doesn't act like one. I'll post some new pictures of him soon.

Oh poor Toby!!!!!!

This morning I went to give him his FV and med's and when I came in the room, I found a very agitated, hyper squirrel. So not my sweet Toby. I couldn't figure out what was wrong....then it happened.

Toby climbed up onto the sides of the cage and began pushing down and out popped a 9 inch round worm - DEAD!!!!! Poor little thing - Toby, not the worm, hee hee.

Hey Jackie - guess the mystery of what was causing him pain that we talked about last night is now solved.

K - well I'm off to buy some more fleece pieces for the Tobster - the vet said to change them out every 2 days and throw the used ones away because of the worms and coccidia. I'll be soooooooooooooooooooo glad when Toby is clean of these nasty little buggers.

I've been super careful with the handwashing - just hope it's enough so I don't get sick too.

And to think, I finally ate spaghetti the other night.....here's to a few more days to getting over the worm and avoiding pasta yet again. And this is not easy considering I am 1/2 Italian.

Oh, and don't worry, I didn't take a picture of the worm this time. I figured I would spare you all the barf-out.

That's all for now.

Nutmeg's Mommy and Toby

Oh, dear!!!!

I don't know which is MORE disgusting...... worms or bot flies?? Ugh!

Your poor baby! I am glad he is feeling much better!

Oh my dear goodness, how much worm can there be left?

That is unbeleivable to me that yet another was in there. Poor baby. Toby not the worm.

Here's a recent picture of Toby after he ate - he pigged out really good and then crawled into his little fleece sleeping bag. Doesn't he just warm your heart?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Poor guy!! So glad he is feeling better, he sure looks content and good riddance those nasty worms.

Quote Originally Posted by NutmegsMommy
    Here's a recent picture of Toby after he ate - he pigged out really good and then crawled into his little fleece sleeping bag. Doesn't he just warm your heart?
    oh, he sure does!... those eyes... poor, poor little baby!... I hope, the DEAD worm indicates that deworming is working?.... really, really hope so!

Here is an updated picture of Toby. His sores are healing nicely - but the poor little thing was left bald And guess what???? He is in the process of passing yet another worm - and so far it looks like about 9 inches is hanging out. I can't believe it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

that poor baby!

thank god for your love and care!!!

It was a total of 13 inches - GAG!!!!!! I almost puked picking it up and throwing it away. So much for thin spaghetti again.

momma2boo Guest

How is Toby doing? I think about him almost every day but with 3 nursing babies, one of which takes over 30 minutes to get 5cc's in him, I rarely get the chance to post to your thread.

I can't wait until he is all better and looking like a healthy squirrel again.

momma2boo Guest

Checking in on Toby. How is that boy doing?

Toby is doing great He's almost done with his meds - now if we can just get that hair to grow back

Just had to share....Toby got his first back, neck and head massage and his first tummy rub tonight Afterward, he left me tuck him - he's cuddled up on a piece of fleece with a fleece for a little blanket on top. I want to take a picture to show you all, but I don't want to wake him up - he literally fell asleep while getting his spa treatment. He's earned it after what he's been through - I'm just surprised he let me do it being a wild squirrel and all.

He trusts you and loves you now!
    How sweet. Lucky Toby.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

love the updates!
    sounds like Toby is improving!
    yucky bad worms, poor guy

hippmom Guest

Strongid. Every Vet clinic has it. I've used it safely on all of my squirrels. They will need a accurate weight, but it is very economical. Will probably be only a few bucks, maybe a little more if they request a fecal exam.

Nice to hear that he is doing good ! He is so cute !

Mads Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mugzeezma
    This is not new...heard about this long ago and stored in a dusty memory bank...i have heard it's effective...thanks ...good info!

I also have been doing alot of research on DE. I'm thinking of using it in my squirrel boxes, as they are always sratching like crazy. I have 5 lbs of it that I bought quite a few years ago to put in my dogs bed, and also spread it around the living room area and under couch cushions for fleas. I would dust it directly on my dog, but being careful about the fine dust that comes from using it.
    I told me sister about the product and she started researching as well. Well, we have found so many uses for this , not only on animals, and bugs, but for human consumption as well. There are many testimonials about food grade diatomaceous Earth and putting it in something , water, juice, or whatever and 2 tables a day will lower blood pressure, cholestrol, will make your hair healthier and fingernails strong. Not to mention rid the human body also of parasites that may be lurking inside . Animals also can ingest the powder for better hair, energy, intestinal worms, ec .

But the real eye catching quality is that after all of that, it has even been stated that it also helps in LOSING WEIGHT! I have also ordered the 2 lbs of what is called food grade fossil flour. Which I will add to my diet everyday , and also my dogs and my bird....

Perhaps a must have additive for life in general. And it's quite cheap to boot. Worth looking into!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast