Hey All - and Jackie (this is the follow up to our phone convo),

A sick injured squirrel (which I named Snickerdoodle) made his way into my yard today - he has a nasty sore on his side and a what appears to be a broken right front paw. He also has an injury on the other side, but it appears to have healed over. As the day went on I observed him and noticed he was getting weaker by the hour. He was initially eating some peanuts, but then began to fall asleep mid-chew.

After a few attempts to catch him - I finally had success and got him w/o issue into a cage - so the stress was not as bad as it could have been. I immediately covered the cage with a blanket and put him in a dark room for 1 hour. I then placed some rescue remedy onto a cotton ball and set it near him so he could smell it. I knew he needed some antibiotics ASAP - he has a nasty smellling sore on his side - it smells like death. Because he is weak, I was able to administer the Baytril orally, liquid banana flavored. He sucked it right down without trying to fight or bite - Thank God. I also got a small amount of sugar water into him too.

I then took some Benedine and flushed out the wound as best I could while he sat in the cage - I did not want to move him around too much- I then packed it with neosporin. He let me pet him on the head and I talked to him for a minute or too to try and comfort him while I rubbed Rescue Remedy on his ears and the bottoms of his two back feet. I then placed a rice buddy beside him, which I warmed up in the micro - put a heating pad on low underneath the cage for warmth on 1/2 of the cage so he can move to a cool side if it gets to hot.

About an hour later I went in and fed him 2 tsps of Fox Valley Formula - I prepared 4, but could only get 2 into him. He lapped it up, slowly -I did not want to force more into him and cause an aspiration. He has peed and pooed - not sure if that's a good sign or a bad one - I know sometimes they empty out before they pass away.

In about 2 hours I will go back in and try to get some more food into him and then get him to my vet ASAP in the AM. In the meantime, is there anything more I should be doing? Should I try and feed him throughout the night or let him rest?