Thread: 5 days No Poo

Okie Guest

Default 5 days No Poo

I've done warms baths, 3-1 dilution (esbilac), added a little Karo and yogart, and prayed alot! Wandering about metacam, benebac, simethicone. I do not have a squirrel vet but my vet has a tech with experience. She recommended the Karo 2 days ago and said it would work. Hasn't. If any of the above would help, I could probably get some from the her. I've got about 30mins til they close. Baby squirrel is 115 grams, eats like a little pig, very active, tummy has only looked bigger for 2 days and it is not hard. Has only tinkled about once a day. I have had her 8 days. She potty'd very well first 3 days. Have done stimulation at every feeding. Figure she is now 6-7 weeks. Trying not to freak out. Anybody?

Default Re: 5 days No Poo

My Little Guy...Rama Rota went 3 1/2 days when he was 7 weeks-with NO POOP///I was a wreck...Warm Soaks and Full-Frontal massage finally paid off. You can Private Message to CritterMom or 4skwerlz for MORE Hints...
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%
    Stosh >>> the Keeper of the KING ( of Costa Rica )

You can try some baby food (jar) prunes to syringe feed to him...they work in squirrels like they do in humans. At 100 grams I would only give him 1/2cc at the most to see if it helps. I do use probiotics in the squirrel formula though too. Each cup of formula gets 1cc of Dynapro brand probiotics. Benebac would work the same. Simethicone is the Mylicon gas drops that you use with infant humans and it won't be harmful to try that if you like. Metacam however is an odd one... it's a pain relief / anti-inflammatory drug and I can't imagine it helping with constipation. As always though, don't try everything at once or you'll never know what worked. Pick what sounds the most feasible to you and go with it. If she's not developed bloat just yet, after FIVE days, she might very well be pooping somewhere and you're just not seeing it. Shake out the bedding and everything to make sure.

Good luck and I hope you get some poopers!!!

Okie Guest

thanks 2 both of u. (typing 1 handed) will do more baths, massage, and prune. will not give up!

You can also try a bit of canned pumpkin - NOT FILLING.

You can get simethicone from Walgreens/CVS - it's baby gas relief drops.

Massages work wonders under warm water soaks.

Jessica & JuJu (aka Ike)

Momma's Doodle Bug ^

"The winds of Heaven blow between the ears of a horse"

Okie Guest

I am very greatful to all for ur responses!! Since last post, she's had 1/2 cc prune baby food, 5cc diluted formula with Karo and yogart, and 2 warm baths. I got one turdlette in the bath water! Thanks for definition of simethicone. The only children I have ever had have been covered in fur, scales or feathers. Putting all tips in my new squirrel healing manual. Time for another bath... saying my pooprayers! Oh yea, how often should u give babyfood prunes or canned pumpkin or any remedy? Should they be given with feeding or in between or does it matter?

Okie Guest

Just to update: diluted formula 3-1, yogart added, gave 1/2 cc of babyfood prunes (that's all she would take, tried several times), warm baths with tummy massage after every feeding (she loved that) by friday, got 1 tiny mini poo early in the day, a little bigger later, by saturday afternoon, got about 5 good size poos at once! After that, they were regular and consistent. Phew! Poo gods smiling. Been goin' ever since! Appreciate all the help! She is doing fantastic and growing like a weed.

squillgurl Guest

Glad to hear it!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.