I was trying to do a soft release for Galileo or should I say Miss Galileo. She was doing okay going around and climbing the trees near the house. Until May 30th She left for 2 days and came back. She seemed happy with that arrangement and so did I. This way I could keep an eye on her. The following week or 2 after that she stayed out again and one time brought a friend home for dinner and didn't want to come back down from the tree to go to bed. I figured my little girl squirrel was moving out. She came back one morning but much to my dismay there were about 10 males (it was hard to count they were running all over the place.) I figured she had a handle on it but I was still watchful and then I heard her making fighting noises so I went out to investigate. My poor baby was cornered by a male under one of the back porch stairs. She was so scared she even hollered & scolded at me, acting like she wanted to bite. I could tell she really didn't want to. At first I thought maybe she was a different squirrel. In any case I felt sorry for her and brought down water and food and spoke softly to her. Then she started with the love bites and I knew it was my baby. So I picked her up and brought her in despite her protests. I gave her more water and food and let her rest. After she recovered she was making crying noises and looking out the window looking pitiful. So I let her back out. She came in the next day looking worn out. Now I think she's pregnant. I kept letting her out everyday in hopes she will like it out there and decide to nest in the nearby trees and start her little family, this way I can still feed her and keep an eye on her. Or if she wants to she can stay here with me. She was out yesterday and came in the house but didn't do her flying jump to announce her arrival as she usually does. She pounces in and then finds me and pounces on me and runs all around my shoulders wanting food. Instead she climbed the TV cabinet and climbed into her shelf bed and rested a while. I figured she had a busy morning. She then got up and didn't pay any attention to me and went into the living room to her cage and her little nest bed there. This time she acted shy and cranky with me. I picked her up anyway and tried to find out what was wrong. She just hid her little face in the crook of my arm. She let me pet her and closed her eyes. She is still acting this way. I think she may be pregnant she sure seems heavier but is not eating that much domestic food. I am not sure about what wild foods she may be eating out there. Do any of you think she is going to have little ones. If so should I be giving her anything else besides the squirrel blocks, veggies, fruits and nuts?