Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
I only know that requirements of the state of Florida. I am a Fl state licensed rehabilitater, however as IR said about the laws in NY, I am supposed to euthanize any animal that I receive that cannot be returned to the wild. If (when) I keep a animal from the wild;I am required to to obtain a state license to use the animal for educational purposes ( here the fee is $50.00).
It is not illegal for a non-state licensed person to keep a "wildlife"pet, but without the additional license it is illegal for me to have them. Contact Fish and Game or your states equivalent and ask. DO NOT give them any personal information!! They could come and take your baby from you!!!!!!
Ive tried my best to not have my info floating out there around them when i call i call from a diff number etc but my concern is keeping him hes already imprinting we are too. hes healthy and doing well. ive done lots of research, and still learning every day. I Did talk to the game and fisheries dpt. they def dont want me to apply for the rehab permit because the idea is to rehab and release. they insist on me turning him over to a wildlife rehab. that in this state its ilegal & no way around it