Thread: Affectionate orphaned baby

Default Affectionate orphaned baby

Long story short, hubby found baby, put hand out and it ran in his hand, up hid neck to his hair and snuggled in. Aprx 6 to 7 weeks old. Has hair. eyes open, taught it how to drink water, eating and sleeping well. Tail has hair but not "bushy". Screams whenever he wakes up till he sees hubby. Not afraid of anything, not my cats, dogs or hedgehog. I have reading every page I can find on baby squirrels. Is it normal for babies to be so loving and attached to one person? He will tolerate us petting and holding but clearly wants my husband. Hubby wants to keep him...build large cage from floor to ceiling, branches, wooden nesting box......any advice?

Default Re: Affectionate orphaned baby

Completely normal as far as I am concerned, my Angel was so loveable at 7-8 weeks but has now started to wild up a bit. It is normal for squirrels to bond with one person, normally their main care giver. My Angel is more attachedto me than anyone else in the house. They will give you signs if at any point they want to be released. Ive had mine since she was 7-8 weeks and is now 18 weeks and has shown no signs of wanting to be outside.