Thread: skillet

teba63 Guest

Default skillet

young orphaned squirrel is nursing himself how can i stop him i have covered him but he always gets out of every thing i have tried is there any thing to help him quit

Default Re: skillet

Quote Originally Posted by teba63
    young orphaned squirrel is nursing himself how can i stop him i have covered him but he always gets out of every thing i have tried is there any thing to help him quit
    Self-nursing can mean your feedings are too far apart. Give him smaller, more frequent feedings and see if that helps. A bandaid over the area can help; also there are products like "Thum" and "Bitter Lime" that can discourage them.

Self-nursing can be life-threatening! It can cause blockage and scarring of the urinary tract, so you definitely need to stop this now.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Quote Originally Posted by 4skwerlz
    Self-nursing can mean your feedings are too far apart. Give him smaller, more frequent feedings and see if that helps. A bandaid over the area can help; also there are products like "Thum" and "Bitter Lime" that can discourage them.

Self-nursing can be life-threatening! It can cause blockage and scarring of the urinary tract, so you definitely need to stop this now.
    good advise 4 Skwerlz!
    Why is this thread titled skillet?

teba63 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie in Tampa
    good advise 4 Skwerlz!
    thats the squirrels name didnt know how to title took me a while to find out how to post... lol

teba63 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie in Tampa
    good advise 4 Skwerlz!
    Thx I tried covering it hope he hasn't hurt himself yet where can I get thum or bitter stuff from?

mugzeezma Guest

thats the squirrels name didnt know how to title took me a while to find out how to post... lol
    SKILLET?! Should I even ask??? lol Good luck with your baby

mugzeezma Guest

Thx I tried covering it hope he hasn't hurt himself yet where can I get thum or bitter stuff from?
    Any pet store should have bitter apple. A pharmacy would have thum probably in the children medicines or baby food isle, When in doubt ask the pharmacist

momma2boo Guest

Maybe like ... "home skillet"? LOL

Good morning! Love the name, "skillet"! So glad that you have found our forum and posted a question. We always try to help Goos luck with our baby.

Hint: There are instructions for posting pictures at the very-very end of the forum.We LOVE pictures
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

teba63 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mugzeezma
    SKILLET?! Should I even ask??? lol Good luck with your baby
    My son got the name from the cartoon twelve ounce mouse his side kick was a squirrel....lol

teba63 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Good morning! Love the name, "skillet"! So glad that you have found our forum and posted a question. We always try to help Goos luck with our baby.

Hint: There are instructions for posting pictures at the very-very end of the forum.We LOVE pictures
    Thx I would not have known what to do with the little fella if it had not been for this web site it has helped a lot

virgo062 Guest

I think skillet has been here before...I think her father named this baby. What are the odds of 2 baby's named skillet?

teba63 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by virgo062
    I think skillet has been here before...I think her father named this baby. What are the odds of 2 baby's named skillet?
    Yea thats what i thought too...lol
    Thx for all the help thum is working good so far

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.