Thread: my baby boy has become agressive

Rowdys Mom Guest

Default my baby boy has become agressive

My 3yo boy (Rowdy) has always been the sweetest little man to me and my family. Strangers of coarse are another story. Anyhow, in the past couple of weeks he has started attacking my husband, and has been especially clingy with me. Everyday when I let him out of his room he isn't interested in much else other than cuddling with me. When my hubby gets home from work I have to send Rowdy to his room. This is really upsetting because I already feel terrible that he isn't jumping through the tree tops. Does anyone know if this is just a spring time thing that males his age go through...,maybe, or I don't know. Anyone have any advice or experiences that might help.

Default Re: my baby boy has become agressive

My Kibbles routinely bites my hubby to the point he just doesn't even get near her unless there are bars between him and her. I swear this past week her evil twin took up residence. Kibbles was spending a lot of time on the porch. It's chickenwired in so she's safe and she gets fresh air and sunshine like children are supposed to do. Apparently there's more than thee and me who have noticed spring puts the devil in a squirrel's eyes. Kibbs has been inside spending a lot of time with Mom (who is appropriately attired for combat) and she's BACK! Now she's chewing on the shelf instead of me. It's a fair trade off. Being "hurricaned" by a demented squirrel just doesn't qualify as an enjoyable past time. So give Rowdy a few days and maybe the evil twin will leave and your sweet boy come home. I'm thinkin Kibbs was being scared by the yard squirrels hangin on the screen. Those boys don't know how to act right.

momma2boo Guest

Could this be Rowdy showing possession? I know they generally take to one person but at 3 yrs old it seems like it took him a little on the long side. The only thing I can think of is he is showing possession over you.

Rowdys Mom Guest

Well I'm sorry to hear that my little boy isn't the only one who's acting up. I read in some past threads that nuts might make them aggressive and I have noticed that he is protective of his nuts (loll!) So, this weekend I'm gonna give his room a make over and while I'm at it I will remove all of his nut stashes and then limit him to only one nut a day. (Which from what I'm reading should be his limit anyways.)
    I'm gonna make him a whole new playroom and hope that these new changes and maybe a new season might help make him a family man again and not just mommas boy. We were all much happier that way. Thanks for your responses It's nice to hear from people who understand.

quagmire Guest

HI. If he has developed maturity slowly he may be in his first full rut. Is he neutered? Our Quagmire can bite if you try to take his nuts. His first rut was at about 1 year old and he became quite aggressive and nasty. However, a quick visit to the vet removed the problem, literally. Since his surgery he is as sweet as an angel with me and the wife. However, strangers still get bit because they are intruders on his porch. Good Luck.

Pockets Guest

Well this sounds like my house. My Pockets is my little boy. But every spring he goes after my husband. The love each other dearly. But it's a spring thing for Pockets. Just keep the communication going. Sounds like a marriage..LOL..my husband still plays with Pockets but when he starts getting to excited my husband stops playing. Of course I can always do whatever I want with Pockets I'm his mom. My husband never stops playing or anything else but I am always close by to save him from the teeth..lol..just keep doing what your doing..let him know your husband still loves him and still wants to play. And will still feed him that's a biggie..Good luck let me know how it goes..
    Lori

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.