Thread: Can squirrels eat cheese?

Default Can squirrels eat cheese?

Squirrels are rodents, rats are rodents, rats eat cheese, can squirrels eat cheese? I hope so, because Tessa just stole a slice of cheddar off of a cracker while my back was turned, raced off with it and growls and lunges at me when I try to take it away from her. Will it hurt her?

lizharrell1

Default Re: Can squirrels eat cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by lizharrell1
    Squirrels are rodents, rats are rodents, rats eat cheese, can squirrels eat cheese? I hope so, because Tessa just stole a slice of cheddar off of a cracker while my back was turned, raced off with it and growls and lunges at me when I try to take it away from her. Will it hurt her?
    Cheese is fine for squirrels. In fact, we used to try to get them to eat cheese as a source of calcium and protein (before the days of HHBs).
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

That is good to hear. Because she DEVOURED it and I am pretty sure I heard her burp when she finished it. Which leads me to my next question: do squirrels burp?

lizharrell1

That is good to hear. Because she DEVOURED it and I am pretty sure I heard her burp when she finished it. Which leads me to my next question: do squirrels burp?
    Yes, but they're supposed to say "excuse me" afterward.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

mugzeezma Guest

we've heard Mugzi burp
    They fart too
    Especially the young boys...and they don't use their manners words because it's entertainment/competition

Yes, squirrels can eat cheese. Also, They are primarily vegetarians, living on seeds, nuts, fruits, fungi, lichens, buds, mushrooms, roots, pine cones, leaves, twigs and bark. They do not normally eat meat.

do squirrels burp?
    That's where the Tum's comes in

To all who have every loved a wild baby
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xpMl9AnaIg

some love cream cheese...

What's up with the Tessa?...growling and lunging at you...

To all who have every loved a wild baby
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xpMl9AnaIg

Thread Information