Thread: Can a rehabber near Orlando, FL HELP me release

found2babies Guest

Default Can a rehabber near Orlando, FL HELP me release

I have 2 babies since christmas Eve and I need help to successfully release them

Default Re: Can a rehabber near Orlando, FL HELP me release

Hang on. Someone should be on with you soon. Are they baby greys or flyers? Approximately how old were they when you found them? We have lots of people in Florida who should be able to help. Please give us a little background on the babies. Oh, and WELCOME TO THE SQUIRREL BOARD!!!!

lizharrell1

tyrose Guest

Did you find someone to help out? I live in Tampa and would be able to possible help. What exactly do you need? Advice? Someone to take them and prepare them for release?

I am in your area but not sure of what kind of help you need either...are you looking for a location or advice and info? Let me know and I'd be happy to help in any way I can!

found2babies Guest

Thank you soo much everyone!
    I just want to do whatever is the best for these squirrels. They are 2 flyers. Their eyes were barely open when we found them on Christmas Eve orphaned....the mom was killed by a cat Currently, they are very healthy and active. I would love to bring them somewhere that is safe for a soft release.

If you are reading this......"Jackie in Tampa" did you get my 2 messages this morning?

mjs

found2babies Guest

okay, it looks like Jackie in Tampa is going to help me. I will post an update. Here are some pictures (if this works) of them.....sooo cute!!! I can't stand it!

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Elliot and Olivia have been here since friday!
    Their cage was placed in the gazebo to aclimate to a new space.
    I hung six new pouches and 2 new boxes stuffed with cotton balls and wittle fleece squares.
    Monday night I opened the door of Ben and Geraldine's[ice cream flyers] cage, they were raised by Zack and his mom, found2babies, he's a 15y/o that totally amazed me...a skater dude too!

Last night I opened E&O's cage door, they have met the gang!

This morning only one of each pair was in their cages...
    so their sibs slept outta the cage!
    Fred and I stayed outside with them for a few hours...it's really a neat place and the flyers make it what it is!
    The babies were alittle clumsy and fell a few times, landing in the hay! It was so cute, like first steps ....they'ld jump up and run up the side of the cage and look down...like wow! too cute, silly monkeys!

Inky the guinea pig, our bottom feeder, is out there now, he's happy too! He's eating all the residual of the food fights the flyers must be having.. every morning it looks like they partied all night.

It looks like it's working...I am amazed everyday that they get along so well...never would it work with greys

Fred had a flyer question...will one mother nurse another mothers pups?
    I am going to repost this in Zacks thread as well!
    I had a really busy day yesterday...I have been babysitting sqs for three days now...I released Fidget this morning and 3 yesterday and still rustlin the other 4 recently released.......plus babysat the flyers after dark....
    we're all doing good...and the weather is oh lala!
    I'll get some pics soon!

I copied this from another thread Zack, but wanted to let you know,
    they are having a blast and they are beautiful !

...thank you

found2babies Guest

Thank you so much for the update!! We miss them and are so happy they are getting to run around in a safe place!

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

funny you posted...i was molested and held captive for 30 minutes earlier by mini creatures with large eyes and flat tails....but it was awesome...
    Ben and geraldine are still so friendly and lovable, they are also the smallest two out there ...so i can recognize them...so cute!
    I will take the camera with me tomorrow and get pics!
    The flyers are all so happy the weather is warmer, they are very very active...it's a mini city in there, like i told zack, gotham city!!!!!
    night critters!
    They love the blossums from the orange tree, that was their treat tonight, last night they had premature mulberries...we also still have acorns falling from the oaks trees, so they are getting alot of them also...but still no hibiscus! no roses yet either! soon!
    come back and visit anytime you are in south tampa...twilight is best!
    thanks for doing a good job with them
    ...i promise they are happy!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.