Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FEEDING BABY SQUIRRELS

Default Re: FEEDING BABY SQUIRRELS

How are your little guys doing?

I also wanted to throw out there just because I haven't seen it on here yet. I do love Henry's site but I stumbled across this one who has fv formula on sale for under 10 bucks and so so much stuff if you do other animals! https://www.squirrelsandmore.com/

Um... That looks more like the baby rat I raised... However, rats are awesome! They do best on human formula though. Luckily my sister had just had a baby when I raised mine so I went and got a bag of her breast milk 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
    I also wanted to throw out there just because I haven't seen it on here yet. I do love Henry's site but I stumbled across this one who has fv formula on sale for under 10 bucks and so so much stuff if you do other animals! https://www.squirrelsandmore.com/
    Yes, that is Christina Clark's site, she's a good friend. She no longer is a member here because she does not approve of "pet" squirrels. We agree to disagree, under the right circumstances.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

Mel1959 (03-03-2022)

I have a baby about 4 weeks old and he is not excited about eating the esbilac puppy powder, I have to almost force him to eat. 3cc he doesn’t seem to be dehydrated. Sometimes he will hold the end of the syringe and feed just fine but most of the time I have to coax him to feed.

Any ideas

Are you sure he’s not dehydrated? Have you offered some slightly sweetened water in between normal feedings? When you hold him up to your ear like a phone do you hear a clicking with each breath? Is he acting lethargic?

Once you know he’s not clicking and he’s not lethargic and you try offering some water to be sure he’s not dehydrated, then I’d suggest adding a small amount of full fat vanilla yogurt to his formula and see if he prefers the taste. My flyer prefers Liberte’ vanilla which can be purchased at Publix. I think it’s slightly sweeter than other yogurts with no bitterness.

I asked a bunch of questions in your other thread: https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...t=#post1344511

9. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

island rehabber (03-19-2022), McCarthy (03-19-2022), Mel1959 (03-18-2022)

Nolan David Guest

What should I do with a baby squirrel I found?

Let me tell also?

Is it OK to touch a baby squirrel?

Do I need to feed a baby squirrel overnight?

Kindly please inform me about I will be very thankful to your reply!

Hi!

Yes you can touch it. Are the baby's eyes open? First thing is to keep it warm. In my signature is a link to the baby squirrel care guide. It is 6 pages but a quick read. At the top right of each page is a "next" button to click to go to the next page. Read that, then come back with any questions. Also if you can post pics of the baby that will help the experts assess.

You MAY be able to reunite with Mom, but keeping baby warm is priority until you can start to address the rest.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

These foods may include kale, broccoli, apples, grapes, sweet potato, and hard-shelled nuts out of the shell and a good quality rodent diet. ( At Chris's Squirrels and More we offer Mazuri Rodent Block or Zupreme Primate Dry Diet.) Your squirrel will still be consuming formula till about 9-10 weeks of age.

I have found some information that be helpful https://downtownanimals.com/do-squir...ems-and-seeds/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234