Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ahrlan is having seizures

Default Re: Ahrlan is having seizures

Ahrlan seems fine today. He was sitting on my head eating a peanut earlier. What should I put in the smoothie?

im glad he is doing ok so far today!

Hi PF, I hope Ahrlan is feeling better today.
    I just wanted to toss in a few thoughts about seizures.
    First and foremost I want to say that when it comes to rodent type critters it is probably safest to treat for MBD when they seizure for no known reason, it cannot hurt them and not doing so can kill them if it does turn out to be MBD. Remember to also add vitamins and minerals.

That said I also want to add that Ahrlan is getting old and you must also look at other possibilities. He may just be epileptic if he has a history of seizures, How long ago was his very first seizure? How often does he have them since?
    At his age there is a multitude of possibilities that can cause seizures, kidneys being a major one. Excessive drinking and urination are visible signs of this. Some seizures are caused by heart problems. I don't want to scare or upset you but I want you to understand that there could be major problems brewing and a trip to the vet for a exam and blood test are probably in order.

Please be very careful about applying heat to a seizure animal. Seizures can cause the body temperature to rise dangerously high, if seizures persist for too long the temperatures can rise so high they will actually start to degenerate cells and literally cook the brain. If he does not feel cold to you, take his temperature before placing him on heat. I have seen core body temperatures rise over 106 degrees from seizures and had to place them in cold baths to lower it.

4skwerlz can i just buy the vitamins and minerals that are in the squirrel blocks and then give them to Ahrlan in something that he does like?

Quote Originally Posted by psychotic feather
    4skwerlz can i just buy the vitamins and minerals that are in the squirrel blocks and then give them to Ahrlan in something that he does like?
    Yes, I recently started selling the Vitamin Mineral mix for people who make their own blocks, or for people that have to make up special foods for sick or malocclusion squirrels. It's on the HHB website. And the shipping is also a lot cheaper since I don't have to ship Priority like the blocks; I believe the shipping is around $1.80.

I also now sell the calcium powder, and the protein powder, if you need those.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

Ooooh I didn't notice that. K thanks I will get it on the 15th. Pay day

How is Ahrlan doing today?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123