Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Found a squirrel hit by a car

sequoia4 Guest

Default Re: Found a squirrel hit by a car

Jackie,
    If you read on my very first post, when I was comming home I noticed something moving in the street on my drivers side.. I thought it might be a oppossium or squirrel.. I grabbed a towel and praying running up my block that it wouldnt be hit again.. thats when i found her.. her eye was all scratched up with gravel and it dried open, there was dried blood on her nose, and she was dragging her back feet.. so im assuming that she was hit the night before or early morning.. I found her about 9:30am last sunday.. its almost a week and she is almost herself but shy. shes different from my other squirrels I have had, shes not nosey as they were..

Default Re: Found a squirrel hit by a car

Where do you have her in your house? Since she is a wild squirrel, she isn't used to being indoors. Perhaps if you can put her in a quiet room with a towel or blanket over part of her cage she will feel more comfortable. Do you have something in the cage that she can "hide" in. An old box that isn't too big, if you turn it upside down and put a little door in it for her to get into.They like to feel safe and secure. I have these "cubes" that I get from PetSmart fleece lined and I put additional fleece in them and my little ones are always in them... She may also eat the box by the time she realizes that she likes it...
    Is she getting plenty of liquids? Did you put a shallow bowl in for her. What is she eating if anything? I wonder if her little mouth is sore. I don't know how comfortable I would be with letting her roam around outside...she could surprise you and actually get away, and I'm not too sure she is out of the woods yet. Keep us posted...You are doing great. Just need for her to eat and drink, drink, drink. You really don't want her getting dehydrated..... I am posting a picture of my little red in the cube that I am talking about just so that you can get a visual of what I'm talking about for the "cube"
    Name:  July_2,_2009_003.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  July_2,_2009_002.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  44.8 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.