Thread: New pre-release cage for Bonnie

Smile New pre-release cage for Bonnie

Hi there... as I still mourn the loss of little Chippy from yesterday I figured I'd upload the rest of my pics.

This is Bonnie's new outdoor temp home... she adores it - jumps around and plays for hours every day - seems quite happy in her nestbox (always warm and cozy when I go out to feed her breakfast at 5am) and generally seems in excellent spirits.
    She and Draco my ancient King Dobe 'talk' to each other for hours on end (good for both of them I guess!) Draco is 12 and has some mobility problems now so just standing out there with her is great exercise for him. He very strangely has a very strong MATernal instinct - loves baby anythings... he used to carry around our kittens and 'clean' them to the point of them turning into little slime balls (I had to bathe the kitties quite often after one of his 'baths'. He so desperately wanted to 'look after' Bonnie but as she is going to be released I didn't want her getting too friendly with him (not that it's helped much !) He whines constantly if he can't go out to see her and will 'whisper bark' for her to come out of her little den - which strangely enough... she does! It's no unlike children 'calling' on each others homes to come play.
    Lol... we call him Grandma for a joke!

It's not the biggest but it's 5x3x5... and she seems very happy in it.

What do you guys think? She has until August until we begin the separation process!

Default Re: New pre-release cage for Bonnie

Looks good to me. So glad you got a picture of Draco with the cage. I really miss my Dobie even after all these years. They are wonderful dogs I should think that Bonnie will be very happy and comfortable in her new cage. We are going through the bittersweet releasing here. They maybe easy come---but are never easy go
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain