Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think he is dying:(

jimbob21 Guest

Default I think he is dying:(

so i have a baby squirrel and he is laying on his side sleeping right now and sometimes he will cough he has been pooping but it has been a little runny i have feed him penut butter and formula he is about 5 to 8 weeks old when i touch him he seems stiff but he resist being pushed on his back (i was seeing if he was conscious ) please help i dont want tank to die please tell me he is ok and this behaior is normal when they sleep

jimbob21 Guest

Default Re: i think he is dyeing:(

now he is pooping himself in his sleep his breathing is slower and he is almost completely unresponsive im afraid he wont be there when i wake up tomorrow

help me now please i dont want him to die i need help

Charles Chuckles Guest

OK I am not an expert/ but I will try to get with someone that can help you....I promise to be Right back.......

jimbob21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles
    OK I am not an expert/ but I will try to get with someone that can help you....I promise to be Right back.......
    thank you i have him on a heat source right now to see if that helps

i got him today could this be a mental issue?

Charles Chuckles Guest

Yes heat/ make sure only on one side...have you been to the thread about food/emergency ???
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob21
    thank you i have him on a heat source right now to see if that helps

Pinch the skin up at his shoulders to see if he is dehydrated - if the skin immediately goes back into place he isn't, but if it takes a while to go back down he is dehydrated. If so he needs Pedialyte - just start him of with 1mL/cc for now until someone can get you more information. And keep him warm.

jimbob21 Guest

Yes heat/ make sure only on one side...have you been to the thread about food/emergency ???
    no not yet i will go now

jimbob21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SaraK
    It's not a good idea to feed him peanut butter, it's really not good for him. How long has he been eating peanut butter? It may be what's making him ill.

Pull the skin up at his shoulders to see if he is dehydrated - if the skin immediately goes back into place her isn't, but if it takes a while to go back down he is dehydrated. If so he needs Pedialyte - just start him of with 1mL/cc for now until someone can get you more information. And keep him warm.
    i only did it once and i got him today the formula i use is kitten formula cause i read you can use that but others have said you cant who is right his skin goes right back but every once in a while he will open his mouth really big and i dont know if he is yawning or if he is gasping for breath

all i have for heat is a really poerfull desk lamp that puts out alot of heat and i need to get to sleepa soon and my squirrel is on my desk how else can i keep him warm

Charles Chuckles Guest

Thank you Sarak.....trying to get with IR or what about 4S????
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraK
    Pinch the skin up at his shoulders to see if he is dehydrated - if the skin immediately goes back into place he isn't, but if it takes a while to go back down he is dehydrated. If so he needs Pedialyte - just start him of with 1mL/cc for now until someone can get you more information. And keep him warm.

Charles Chuckles Guest

NO it must be puppy formula...but if that is all you have for tonight , well go with what you have.....try to only use a small amout.....still working on trying to get a rehabber on....
    i only did it once and i got him today the formula i use is kitten formula cause i read you can use that but others have said you cant who is right his skin goes right back but every once in a while he will open his mouth really big and i dont know if he is yawning or if he is gasping for breath

jimbob21 Guest

NO it must be puppy formula...but if that is all you have for tonight , well go with what you have.....try to only use a small amout.....still working on trying to get a rehabber on....
    ok thank you

he just started breathing like he has the hickups but i dont think he does

Charles Chuckles Guest

Well this is when I wish we had Gamma here.....that lady would not only be here she would know what to do....hang in there, I will not leave you, and I have raised many squirrels....but I think the best is for you to keep the baby warm, and offer pedialite (sp?) and the formula/ but I have always thought it should be puppy formula.....
    Now go to a thread/ I think it is with nutrition etc.

jimbob21 Guest

Well this is when I wish we had Gamma here.....that lady would not only be here she would know what to do....hang in there, I will not leave you, and I have raised many squirrels....but I think the best is for you to keep the baby warm, and offer pedialite (sp?) and the formula/ but I have always thought it should be puppy formula.....
    Now go to a thread/ I think it is with nutrition etc.
    ok will do
    i dont have pedilite around and i cant go to a store right now

Charles Chuckles Guest

I will go and look for you, and i will be right back...I promise I will not leave you!!!!!

Charles Chuckles Guest

I think in that thread they have a way of making your own, I am going yo go ther...you might want to go check it out...but meet me back here in a little bit....
    ok will do
    i dont have pedilite around and i cant go to a store right now

jimbob21 Guest

I think in that thread they have a way of making your own, I am going yo go ther...you might want to go check it out...but meet me back here in a little bit....
    whats the name of the thread

FLUFFYTAILNUT Guest

Thumbs up Re: i think he is dyeing:(

jimbo,
    I am tryng to get a "licenced REHABBER" on to help you...
    Please hold tight...oxoxo
    Id say No more..... peanutbutter.....for the time being..oxoxo
    FTN

jimbob21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FLUFFYTAILNUT
    jimbo,
    I am tryng to get a "licenced REHABBER" on to help you...
    Please hold tight...oxoxo
    Id say No more..... peanutbutter.....for the time being..oxoxo
    FTN
    i did it once and that was at about 230pm and its now about 1130pm

he was just wagging his tail and trying to get up is that good he is also clicking has teeth

Charles Chuckles Guest

I have to go find some better info....I will not be leaving you, just post here and I promise i will be back/ I have to find some things to help you....main thin keep the baby warm....in your shirt, if on a heating pad make sure the heating pad is only on about 1/2 of the box......ok you want to only have it under 1/4 of like a shoe box, and under it not directly on the little guy....ok I have to go find more info for you, be back soon.........

jimbob21 Guest

I have to go find some better info....I will not be leaving you, just post here and I promise i will be back/ I have to find some things to help you....main thin keep the baby warm....in your shirt, if on a heating pad make sure the heating pad is only on about 1/2 of the box......ok you want to only have it under 1/4 of like a shoe box, and under it not directly on the little guy....ok I have to go find more info for you, be back soon.........
    thank you

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.