Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibly Pregnant Squirrel that I'm worried about.

Mads Guest

Default Re: Possibly Pregnant Squirrel that I'm worried about.

Great photo's! I love my squirrels here too, ..so I totally understand! As I'm preparing to release 4 babies that I've had since the first week of March, I also am choosing a tree to hang their nest box in that will be close enough to my second story work room so I can take photo's and film of them for months to come....but, I'm not professional, it's just fun and a hobby for me.

My first experience with raising baby squirrels was last year, and they still come pretty much daily for nuts. They approach us and take nuts and then go on their merry way. Even my husband , who did plenty of complaining when I first took in and mothered squirrels last year, finds them to be quite fascinating. He's out feeding them more that I am.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed your photo's. Hope to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevara
    YAY!! She got a hold of a shelled peanut that we left for her today, and it was just amazing watching her eat it. Call me sheltered, but I've never seen a squirrel eat a shelled peanut. I took a bunch of pictures of her. Is there somewhere I can post all of my pics of the wildlife I have? It's funny because I'm not a professional wildlife photographer.... I'm actually a newborn and wedding photographer, but I LOVE the wildlife I get to see around here.
    I was SO excited to see her get up and move around... because like I said, she's been very inactive. And every time I see her she's curled up in a ball in the nest. But today she was vibrant. I'm a new squirrel lover!

1. Why is she alone? Don't they like to be in "families"?
    2. And do they make nests if they aren't getting ready to give birth?
    3. And can anyone tell me what type of squirrel she is?
    Aren't they wonderful creatures? Your pictures are awesome! Won't it be great if she DOES have babies and you get to watch the whole process?!?!? LUCKY!!
    She looks like she's old enough to be 'on her own' so she would want to have her own nest, even if she's not ready for babies yet.
    She looks like a Fox squirrel to me. You can go to the forum for breed specific and then Fox squirrel and compare her to pictures there.

"Animals are such agreeable friends...
    They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

~ George Elliot

Do squirrels get hot? Is that why she lays out in the nest like that???

i believe my squirrel gets hot because as soon as the ac or the fan are turned on she likes to sniff and lay by the coolness -- Great pix

Smile Re: Possibly Pregnant Squirrel that I'm worried about.

She is definitely a fox squirrel.

Yes, they do get hot. I live in Texas and our squirrels would lay in dirt under our tree in the back yard where we use to live.

I see you started a wild life thread. Great pictures

It is a gift from God to love and be loved by a squirrel.

I was blessed to have known such love for 5 1/2 years. Sammy T, I love you and miss you so much. Part of my heart went with you when you left and it will not be complete again until we are together in heaven. I can't wait to see you at Rainbow Bridge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12