Thread: Help with behavior

fritz451 Guest

Default Help with behavior

Hello everyone,

My little Cassi is doing fine and has an adorable personality. She eats well and plays alot. I have pretty much potty trained her by stimulating her before meals and she has had very few accidents.

So, anyway, there is the update for those who have helped.

Now, the question. Cassi has a brother that I cought yesterday running loose in my work room. Probably wandered down the same area where Cassi was in the wall. I put him in a container that the mother would be able to get in/out of and in an area where I know she can get to. I have not seen the mother outside or heard her in the ceiling where I believe the nest is. He would be about 6 weeks old. The problem I need help with is his attitude. I had to use welding gloves to catch him and he bit well into the lether (lucky for me, my fingers don't quite reach the end of the gloves). He screams and growls if I even approach the container (this is why I know the mother would be able to find him if she was able). I have to wear a glove to pick him up for feedings, although he has pretty much given up on the biting thing (may have figured it was useless), but I'm not taking any chances as long as he has this disposition. He will growl and scream until you stick the syringe in his mouth and then resumes when you take it out. When I go to pick him up for feedings, he flips onto his back so he could get all four paws in the fight also.

Anyway, any advice on how to handle his attitude would be welcome.

Thanks all

Default Re: Help with behavior

Sorry you're having so much trouble with the little guy. They all have different personalities. Sounds like he's warming up to you though. I'm sure he's just scared.

I'm sure someone with some experience and good advise will be by to help you soon.

Best wishes with these two
    It is a gift from God to love and be loved by a squirrel.

I was blessed to have known such love for 5 1/2 years. Sammy T, I love you and miss you so much. Part of my heart went with you when you left and it will not be complete again until we are together in heaven. I can't wait to see you at Rainbow Bridge.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.