Thread: unionsq.pk. squirrel injured last month

laings Guest

Default unionsq.pk. squirrel injured last month

About a month and a half ago, one of my babys was badly injured, i dont know what did it, but i scooped him up in my scarf and took him to the vet. I didnt have money for the vet so they contacted a squirrel sanctuary that was supposed to come and pick it up;but the vet never gave me contact info for the sanctuary. His leg was mangled and sticking out, and he couldnt open his jaw. he also couldnt use his other legs. he was dehydrated and hungry, i tried feeding him on the way to the vet, and he kept trying, but couldnt open his mouth, not even for peanuts. i religously go to the east side of union square park and feed my babies, i even have names for them. i feel like i lost a family member by not knowing if my squirrel is alive and well. i've known most of them since they were babies. If anyone knows what organization or who might have taken my squirrel in, please let me know just so i can have some closure in the issue. my email addy is laingsartredurkhiem@hotmail.com thank you

Default Re: unionsq.pk. squirrel injured last month

I'm so sorry about your baby....it sounds like he was hurt badly.
    Have you tried to contact the vet again to see if there is a sanctuary they use regularly? I'm sorry I am not familiar with your area.

"Animals are such agreeable friends...
    They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

~ George Elliot

Was the vet in the city or on LI? If its on LI then it might have been the squirrel sanctuary in westbury.

Tomo Guest

Are you talking about Union Square Park in Manhattan, NY? Is this baby still alive? I don't see a conclusion to this squirrel's situation. Was he euthanized? If he's still alive, we need to talk.

laings we would need the vet's name to try and figure out where the squirrel ended up. There are several sanctuaries in the NY metro area...we will need more info to help you.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.