I have a trio of squirrels that live on the trees outside my house. My family and I bring them food everyday (carrots, apple slices, pecans, celery, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, etc.) Yesterday, my mom noticed one of the squirrels was falling over and leaning to one side while he was eating/walking. He seems disoriented. My mom called Animal Control yesterday and left a message which we are still waiting for a response. Could this be due to it being cold outside? The weather in NJ has been pretty extreme the past few days going down to the low 20's. Another possibility is we think the neighbors behind our house are trying to poison the squirrels. There's a huge fence set up between our houses; we never even see each other. However, my Dad talked to them once about a year ago and told me they were having a problem with the squirrels eating the vegetables in their garden and that the sick fu** actually grinded up glass and was putting it in various food items that squirrels would eat. We've been trying to keep the squirrels comfortable so they stay in our yard with squirrel houses and food. If in fact my neighbors are poisoning the squirrels, what can i do to put an end to it? My mom left on the message that she thinks the squirrels might be being poisoned by them and that it's not only a hazard to the squirrels, but our cat goes outside, the neighbor across from us has a small dog that goes outside as well as a small child.

I'll take a video of the squirrel and post it up here tomorrow.

Thanks,
Gill