Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there anyone that makes the 'squirrel block' recipe

Default Re: Is there anyone that makes the 'squirrel block' recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles
    I bought the forti-diet by kaytee/and another bag with dental bites....Charly said after about 18 bucks...I am now in the kitchen crusing it all up adding a little peanut butter and water to hold it together and rebaking them, he will eat that. I am going today to get natural peanut butter. I am going to start gathering the ingredience for the home made squirrel block...I have to wait on the ones from the health store (The first Tue. of the month I get 20% off at my local store Debbie's health food,,Daytona area) if Charley then won't eat the blocks I will dip them in milk and eat them,,Maybe I will get healthy and lose some weight
    I initially bought the Forti-Diet Dental Bites (pet store person said it was the same as plain FortiDiet)...got home and it was full of dry corn and sunflower seeds! Think those are two no-no's so have been battling with making the homemade squirrel blocks ever since.

"Animals are such agreeable friends...
    They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

~ George Elliot

acorniv Guest

Default Re: Is there anyone that makes the 'squirrel block' recipe

Quote Originally Posted by FallensMommie
    I started Fallen out on Rodent Blocks as a baby and he

I make the squirrel blocks by 4S and he turned his nose up at first...took me 5 batches before he ate it...the other 4 batches went out to the wilds who ran off with them every time so no waste
    I had the same experience with rodent blocks. And Esbilac. No go with the esbilac so we weaned her early and she refused the blocks too. And now 4S's too. What did you try differently each time? Was it just persistence or did you make changes?

TIA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.