Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby flying squirrel won't drink water

Default Re: Baby flying squirrel won't drink water

Quote Originally Posted by philomycus
    Where in "North FL" are you?? I'm in Jax. He needs that puppy milk. Fruits also have a good water content so he might not drink staright water yet. If he gets too dehydrated, he would need pedialyte.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I'm way up in a little town in the panhandle, right next to the Alabama state line. We're about 30 miles from I-10 in both Crestview and DeFuniak Springs.

Buddy'sMom Guest

Pretty far from Jacksonville, yes. We do have a member (PBluejay2) that is a volunteer with the Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge in Destin (www.ecwildliferefuge.com; 850.650.1880 -- we have also had contact with Patrick Gault at the refuge, who joined TSB but I don't recall his screen name). If you need local help you can contact either of them.

Chesters_mom Guest

If you picked up the puppy formula from Walmart and it is Hartz, PLEASE do not give him that I made that mistake with Chester when I ran out. It should be against the law for them to sell that crap. Good luck with your precious baby, he is sooooo cute!

Buddy'sMom Guest

Thank you for the alert, Chesters_mom.

If squirrel rescuers only have access to WalMart, we usually specifically recommend Just Born Puppy Milk Replacer. I looked that brand up to make sure it wasn't a Hartz product -- it's not. Just Born formula is made by Farnam Pet Products.

Great! I'll take that info down. =3 Oh, good, we did get Just Born. Lucky us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12