Thread: found a baby squirrel!

Default found a baby squirrel!

please help me find a rehabber. a baby gray just fell out of its nest onto the porch roof, and then crawled into the gutter before i could get it. i took apart the gutter and have it safely it a box now. he/she has hair on its head and some fuzziness, but is still without hair on most of its body. his/her eyes are open, and he/she is alert. i can't keep it, but i want to make sure it gets the appropriate help.
    HOF to shylo the brat

RIP batman... my sweet little princess

Default Re: found a baby squirrel!

Here is some info to read on what to do with a baby squirrel until we find you a rehabber:
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11782

What part of New York are you in, so we can find somebody local?

i'm in westchester county, new york. i'm actually thinking i am going to take it to a 24/7 local animal hospital. i don't have the supplies i need, and it appears to be potentially dehydrated. i tried calling people i saw on the list for this area, but no one responded
    i'm going to see if the animal hospital knows of a rehabber. i'm worried it's sick because it seems odd that it only has hair on its head and limbs. it's covered in bugs too.
    HOF to shylo the brat

Lets see if we have somebody on the this board that is close to come get it. You can call the hospital and ask about a rehabber...I'm just a little leary if they get it they may euthanize it. Please hold on.

I just cotacted somebody to help find a rehabber in your area. Hang on!
    Do you have a heat source for it...it needs a heat source beings its missing fur.

westchester county, new york. From what I gathered right above New York, City...What about IR Gamma? Sent you a PM.

i actually have not changed my signature. batman died about a year ago
    i am owned by a flyer again though (shylo!), and know how to take care of a healthy baby flyer. however, i'm fairly certain this gray baby is not well. she/he is hairless excepting his/her head and limbs, and is crawling in bugs. i will make sure to keep him/her warm. if i try to give him/her pedialyte, what can i use that i might have around the house to feed him/her. i don't have any syringes or nipples for them.
    HOF to shylo the brat

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo is offline Licensed rehabber specializing in squirrels and bunnies, Ohio

Sounds like he may have balding syndrome. Can you post a picture?

There is an excellent rehabber in Northwest New York, but I don't think that is anywhere near you? If it is let me know and I will PM you their number.
    SQUIRRELS RULE AND BUNNIES TOO!

I am confused do you have a baby grey or did it pass?

There is also Tomo?

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Buddy'sMom Guest

She's not really that close to either Island or Tomo, but perhaps Island knows rehabbers in that county. Westchester County is a little north of New York City.

Rippie, the sq. she is asking about is a grey; she also has a flyer (shylo), and had one that died (Batman).

vogue, if you can take temporary care of this baby, we wil help you get it to someone who can care for it. Warmth and hydration are the first things tonight. Do you perhaps have an eyedropper that can be washed out for use? That is not ideal as it is harder to control than a syringe, but it will do in a pinch.

If you make the hydration recipe, you can warm a dropper full of it by filling the dropper and setting it in a cup of very hot water for a few moments. Then feed ONE DROP AT A TIME.

EDIT: GB and Island!

ok, so i spoke to a lot of people, and found a local rehabber who will take it, joan in yonkers. i'm leaving in a few minutes to drive it over to her.
    i am currently owned by shylo, a flyer. batman, my previous flyer, died when she fell and broke her neck the gray baby is still OK.thank you EVERYONE for all of your help. i hope this little guy will make a full recovery.
    HOF to shylo the brat

Buddy'sMom Guest

Thank you for following through to get baby proper care.

Pa. licenced Rehabber

i couldn't leave a baby squirrel without proper care! dropped her off. joan says she's about 8 weeks, and has mange. as soon as i gave her the baby, she got right to treating it. thanks for your help finding a rehabber!
    HOF to shylo the brat

Buddy'sMom Guest

That's wonderful that you were able to get her to a rehabber so quickly! Thank you for helping her!

You might want to wander around TSB while you are here (or, perhaps, in the morning ). I think you will like it here. There is a Flyer Forum (under Breed Specific) where you can share shylo with us.

Chesters_mom Guest

A great big hug for Voguemamselle!!!

YEA You all did great!

Thank you for helping this baby Voguemamselle, she wold have died without your help. I am so happy she is getting the proper treatment for a recovery....and it's a baby girl