Thread: How far can a squirrel fall without injury??

Default How far can a squirrel fall without injury??

Something awful just happened! One of my boy squirrels came down the shingles and chased Nutkinina off...but she missed grabbing onto the shingles and she fell....3 stories!!!! She fell down onto grass (as far as I know, I don't think she hit my neighbor's porch railing below). I looked out and she was just sitting there in the grass.

I ran downstairs with some filberts so she'd hopefully make the connection that I was the same "nutty lady." When she saw me, she hopped into the tree in the front yard and just stared at me. When I tried to get closer, she ran up the tree.

Do you think she's okay??

Sciurus1 Guest

Default Re: How far can a squirrel fall without injury??

If she landed on the lawn likely she is just stunned. If you notice any limping, or difficulting getting around later today, or tomorrow, that might be needed to be addressed by intervention. Keep an eye on her for now, and let us know how it goes ok!

Sure hope she is OK, these little guys can take a pretty good fall as long as it is SOFT. They have their bell run a little but in most cases are OK. Keep a close watch on her and see if you notice anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the help. I don't see her in the tree anymore. I guess she went back to her dren to relax a little after her fall.

All this after finally being able to handfeed her today and everything! My poor girl squirrel :-(

Nutkinina returned today - she's doing fine! Thank goodness!

Buddy'sMom Guest

Whew!!

TexanSquirrel Guest

Glad she is alright!!!