Thread: How much calcium a day

Sarahrei Guest

Default How much calcium a day

I feed Pig Pen a all veggie fruit diet because she's sensitve to the HHB. I plan on trying her on another rodent block asap but I'm currently moving and I can't order anything at the moment. So I know that Piggis calicum is probably not where it should be. I was thinking could I put some of the formula powder on her food, or crush a tums to keep it up? if so how much?

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Default Re: How much calcium a day

I will let the pros help with your questions, but my advise is TUMS is good for emergency calcium, but not everyday...I did research and others disagree...I am standing on my findings!
    Have you tried esbilac...mixed with yogurt, where she can eat out of dish!
    Or Esbilac made into formula and lapped or syringe fed...
    I have releases that still take esbilac from a syringe...I add dannon all natural Vanilla and they get addicted to it! Yummy!
    Try everyday for a few days before giving up!
    Try making the blocks yourself...tweak them with what you sq likes!
    Mine Hate peanut butter ...so I use almond butter. The next batch I will try Nutella, a hazel nut butter with coco...I bet they love them! You can add dried fruit etc...like fruitcake! aaarg! I would keep trying to find a recipe that she will take..it is important!
    Good luck and kiss a sq hinee! It's friday!

If you have the powdered calcium, you can sprinkle a little on Pig Pens food. When you get settled, you can order some Rugby's Liquid Calcium ( even Amazon carries it). It tastes good and almost any squirrel will take it. Nothing better than peace of mind

Hey Jackie, have you found yet another use for fruitcake? I inherited one from my grandmother orgininally baked in 1920.
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

door stop, boat anchor, ballast when using rope to pully nestbox to tree top!...a few alternative uses for fruitcake!
    hey yours is heirloom quaility by now for sure!

that one needs to be handed down!
    I draw the line on Vintage!

Sarahrei Guest

Does anyone know a webpage where I can order one of the other brands of rodent blocks in Canada?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.