Thread: Where can I buy hard shell nuts?

Hybrid View

Baby Squirrel Guest

Unhappy Where can I buy hard shell nuts?

Hello!

I used to be able to purchase filberts, pecans, almonds, and walnuts at local Milwaukee grocers. Recently the stores have been out or stopped carrying hard shell nuts completely. It's a lot easier come November when stores carry the "Holiday Nuts", but I will have very unhappy squirrels if they don't get their nuts. Does anyone know where I can buy hard shell nuts online?

Thank you!

Buddy'sMom Guest

Default Re: Where can I buy hard shell nuts?

We use www.nutsonline.com -- I think we are keeping them in business

Have only ordered hazelnuts(filberts) -- they are very large and very high quality. Happy squirrels.

Smile Re: Where can I buy hard shell nuts?

I've gotten mine through www.anuts.com. The best prices I've found and excellent service.

It is a gift from God to love and be loved by a squirrel.

I was blessed to have known such love for 5 1/2 years. Sammy T, I love you and miss you so much. Part of my heart went with you when you left and it will not be complete again until we are together in heaven. I can't wait to see you at Rainbow Bridge.

Baby Squirrel Guest

Thank you both. I checked out the websites and am really impressed. Should have been doing this all along, just scared I can't control the quality or size. Peanuts we pick out one at a time because most are too small, cracked, or empty. I worry about the sizes of the walnuts and filberts. My mom will actually pick all nuts one at a time. She is scared if a walnut is too big, a squirrel won't be able to eat it. Too small, a squirrel will choke. Are all sizes safe to feed?

Sciurus1 Guest

The Nuthouse in Somis, California also has nuts you can order online.

I use a few places...the one I order most from is ohnuts.com, then nutsonline and also anuts.com....I order depending on what I am ordering and price variation...but they all have very high quality nuts...and even things for us humans...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy'sMom

Have only ordered hazelnuts(filberts) -- they are very large and very high quality. Happy squirrels.

We use them too, and get them in the 25 lb. bulk size which makes the price a little cheaper... the shipping is very reasonable on them, and if I'm not mistaken they come overnight...we love this place

Oh both babies are so cute,. the reddish looking one, does not even look like a squirrel, more like a miniature red fox! Simply adorable

TEE1982 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy'sMom

There are sweets on there for us too

I use nutsonline, the 25 pound boxes and my squirrels give them two thumbs up! I get hazelnuts (filberts) and almonds at the same time and mix them together. I also get unsalted shelled nuts very reasonable at Costco. They have almonds, pecans, and walnuts.

Baby Squirrel,

I just found an online place for in shell nuts. Very reasonable and very good quality. They have Steward pecans, almonds, etc Cheapest online price so far I think. I just found the site last week and have purchased from the twice.

www.anuts.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.